[Assam] Lipikaar Assamese Typing Software.

Buljit Buragohain buluassam at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 4 21:38:23 IST 2011

Lipikaar Assamese Typing Software :

http://www.lipikaar.com/help/Assamese/lipikaar-Assamese-typing-software-faq
Lipikaar Assamese Typing Software FAQ

														What is Lipikaar?Which applications does Lipikaar work with?How do I type words and sentences in Assamese using Lipikaar?Is there a typing table for Assamese which I can refer to?Can Lipikaar work without an Internet Connection?If I make a document using Lipikaar, can I view it on another machine that does not have Lipikaar?How is Lipikaar different from transliteration?I see all the matraas broken.  does not appear properly. How can I fix that?I see strange boxes like these - □ □ □ □ when I type. How can I fix this?
From where can I get additional fonts for Assamese?How do I purchase Lipikaar Desktop Software?How can I contact Lipikaar for suggestions and improvements?

								What is Lipikaar?

									Lipikaar is a simple method for typing in Assamese on an
ordinary keyboard. It requires no learning, and within a few seconds you
 will be able to type in Assamese any word that you can imagine.
									Lipikaar Typing Software is based on a simple assumption -
if you can write in Assamese , then you can type in Assamese with
Lipikaar. It works on all Windows Applications, MS Office, All Websites,
 Chat and E-mail.
									To start typing in Assamese, download our popular versions -
 a Desktop Software for Windows and IE, and a Free Extension to the
popular Mozilla FireFox browser.
									Lipikaar is a software that lets you type in Assamese with
ease. Apart from Assamese , we support many other languages. To get help
 on the language which you want, choose it from the page menu.

											Try Lipikaar
											Download Lipikaar for Windows

											Download Lipikaar for FireFox

											[ Back to Questions ]

								Which applications does Lipikaar work with?

									Since Lipikaar comes in two versions: Lipikaar for the
Windows Desktop and Lipikaar Firefox Add-on, it supports almost all
Windows and Internet based applications in which you need to type in
Assamese.

									The Lipikaar Desktop Application lets you create Word
 documents, Presentations, Excel Sheets, or simply chat in any messenger
 in your language. Download this desktop software and type in your
language in any standard Office, Internet and Windows Desktop
Applications. Lipikaar works with Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7.
									The Lipikaar FireFox Addon lets you create emails,
blogs, scraps, comments and lets you chat and search in your favourite
language on any website. Download the free add-on for Firefox and start
typing into any website.

									Both the versions support 18 languages - Arabic, Assamese,
Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam,
Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and
Urdu.

											Download Lipikaar for Windows

											Download Lipikaar for FireFox

											[ Back to Questions ]

								How do I type words and sentences in Assamese using Lipikaar?
								Is there a typing table for Assamese which I can refer to?

									To understand how to type with Lipikaar & to view the typing table for Assamese, click on the link below.
									View Help Manual for Assamese

											[ Back to Questions ]

								Can Lipikaar work without an Internet Connection?

									Yes. The Lipikaar Desktop Application is not dependent on
Internet connectivity. It is an offline program which resides on the
background of your Windows operating system. All you need to do is to
enable Lipikaar, select your language and you are ready to type in any
Windows-based application like Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc.
									The Lipikaar FireFox Extension is a free tool for Internet
applications. This extension technically does require an Internet
connection, but after installation it runs through FireFox. Thus, even
if you are offline, the extension functions the same way as when you are
 online. You can turn off your connection, finish all the typing in your
 Internet Application using the Lipikaar FireFox extension. Similar to
how you can be offline while composing an email in Outlook or
Thunderbird.

											Download Lipikaar for Windows

											Download Lipikaar for FireFox

											[ Back to Questions ]

								If I make a document using Lipikaar, can I view it on another machine that does not have Lipikaar?

									Lipikaar is based on Unicode (universal standard for
representing text in different scripts) and is not dependent on a
particular font. Hence a document created using Lipikaar can be viewed
on another machine on which Lipikaar is not installed.

											[ Back to Questions ]

								How is Lipikaar different from transliteration?

									Transliteration is a method in which you spell the
pronounciation of the Assamese word in English. The algorithm then
converts the word into Assamese script. There are several problems with
this approach:
									Ambiguous
Transliteration is suitable for common
 words that can be spelled easily. However for words that are not part
of our everyday conversation, figuring out the correct English spelling
may not be as simple. Typing words accurately may require a trial and
error approach and thus making it unsuitable for professional use.

										Lipikaar is based on simple rules which allow you to type
words accurately. With Lipikaar, even the most complicated word can be
typed effortlessly in seconds.Fluency in English
Transliateration requires users to have fluency in English so that they can spell the Assamese word phonetically.

										Lipikaar only requires you to know the phonetic sounds of the
English alphabets so that you can use the regular English keyboard and
type in Assamese without using stickers. Lipikaar encourages users to
think in Assamese and not English.Silent Characters
There are many silent
characters in languages like Malayalam, Tamil and other Indic scripts
which may have different spellings but they are phonetically quite
different. For an intelligent transliteration algorithm, it becomes
difficult to interpret these words.Writing Names, Addresses and other non-dictionary words
Since
 transliteration is based on a dictionary approach typing names,
addresses and other non-dictionary or hybrid words becomes difficult.
Once you know the basic rules of Lipikaar, you can type any word with ease.
									Hence transliteration is more suitable for users who think in English and is meant for typing common words and few sentences.
									Lipikaar is a simplified typing method for both monolingual
and bilingual users. The tool is designed for professional use. Our
vision is to encourage extensive usage of Indian languages beyond a
casual remark or a phrase.

											[ Back to Questions ]

								I see all the matraas broken.  does not appear properly. How can I fix that?

									Matras are placed incorrectly. Left side matras are placed
on the right of the associated character. Or matras are rendered
wrongly. This can be fixed by configuring your Windows machine
correctly.
									Click here for a step by step solution for this error

											[ Back to Questions ]

								I see strange boxes like these - □ □ □ □ when I type. How can I fix this?

									The problem is that Unicode fonts are not available. The characters appear as boxes or question marks.
									Click here for a step by step solution for this error

											[ Back to Questions ]

								>From where can I get additional fonts for Assamese?

									Since Lipikaar is based on Unicode, it works with any
Unicode font. Windows comes pre-bundled with Unicode fonts for all
supported languages.
									To install additional fonts for Assamese, click on the link
below.
									Download Fonts for Assamese

											[ Back to Questions ]

								How do I purchase Lipikaar Desktop Software?

									Lipikaar Desktop Software comes with a fully functional
3-days trial period. To continue using the software after 3 days,
purchase and activation is required.
									Lipikaar comes with a per PC license. Once purchased, it can be used on a single machine without any additional charges.
									We support multiple modes of payment - both online (Credit
Card, Netbanking, Paypal) and offline (Cheque/Cash Deposit, Electronic
Fund Transfer).
									To purchase Lipikaar, click on the link below.
									Purchase Lipikaar Desktop Application for Windows

											[ Back to Questions ]

								How can I contact Lipikaar for suggestions and improvements?

									Now that's a sweet thought. Feedback is always welcome, good or bad, praise or bewilderment, we are always there for you!

										See our Testimonials Page to read what our users feel.

										For product support, feedback or to report a bug for the Assamese language, send an email to support at lipikaar.com

										Our contact addresses and phone numbers are given here.

http://www.lipikaar.com/help/Assamese/lipikaar-Assamese-typing-software-faq