National and International CURRENT AFFAIRS and events happed in February 2022. all the question and answers collection of important events in every sectors in February 2022.
CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS – February 2022
1. Which operation has been launched by India to bring back its nationals
Ans: Operation Ganga
2. On which day National Science Day is celebrated in India each year to
mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir C. V.
Ans: 28 February
3. On which day the National War Memorial celebrated its third anniversary?
Ans: 25 February
4. Name the former Chief Minister of Odisha (first tribal CM of Odisha) Who passed away recently?
Ans: Hemananda Biswal
5. In which State, Indian Railways first solar plant (1.7-megawatt solar photovoltaic plant) has been commissioned by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL)?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
6. On which day Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti was observed?
Ans: 26 February
7. Former CEO of SriLankan Airlines, Vipula Gunatilleka has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of which airline?
Ans: Jet Airways
8. How many tiger deaths were reported in 2021 in comparison to 106 in 2020?
9. On which day Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti is observed every year?
Ans: 19 February
10. Which is the most congested city in India in 2021 as per the 2021 Traffic Index, followed by Bengaluru and Delhi?
11. Which vaccine has become the second one to receive emergency use approval in India for those aged below 18 years after Covaxin?
12. Name the Adani Group founder and billionaire who has become Asia’s richest person as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
Ans: Gautam Adani
13. Name the RJD leader and former Chief Minister of Bihar who has been sentenced to 5 years’ imprisonment in the fodder scam case?
Ans: Lalu Prasad Yadav
14. Which has become the first Union Territory to be integrated with theNational Single Window System (NSWS)? NSWS is a digital platform that has been built with the aim of allowing investors to apply for various pre-operations approvals required for commencing a business.
Ans: Jammu & Kashmir
15. Which film directed by Vishnuvardhan won the Best Film award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022?
16. Who won the Best Actor award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022?
Ans: Ranveer Singh
17. Who won the Best Actress award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022?
Ans: Kriti Sanon
18. Name the legendary actress who has been honoured with Outstanding Contribution to Films award at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022?
Ans: Asha Parekh
19. Which Indian insurance company is launching its IPO which is set to be India’s biggest ever at $8 billion valuation?
Ans: LIC Inc
20. What is the new name of the Ahmedabad IPL franchise?
Ans: Gujarat Titans
21. Name the co-founder of Indigo who has stepped down from the InterGlobe Board with immediate effect?
Ans: Rakesh Gangwal
22. On which day Indian National Women’s Day is observed every year?
Ans: 13 February
23. Indian National Women’s Day is observed every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of which Indian freedom fighter and poet?
Ans: Sarojini Naidu
24. Name the eminent Indian industrialist who has been conferred with Assam’s highest civilian award “Assam Baibhav”?
Ans: Ratan Tata
25. Name the actor, popular for essaying the role of Bheem in BR Chopra’s Mahabharat, who passed away recently at the age of 74?
Ans: Praveen Kumar Sobti
26. Which State was adjudged as the best state tableau in Republic Day Parade 2022?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
27. Name the popular Malayalam actor and comedian who passed away at the age of 61 after suffering a heart attack?
Ans: Kottayam Pradeep
28. Who is the only Indian sportsperson to have won Laureus World Sports Award?
Ans: Sachin Tendulkar
29. Who has become the third Indian athlete to be nominated for Laureus World Sports Awards after wrestler Vinesh Phogat and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar?
Ans: Neeraj Chopra
30. Who has become the first Indian male athlete and second Indian sportsperson overall to win the World Games Athlete of the Year award 2021?
Ans: PR Sreejesh
31. Name the Indian chess player who defeated world chess champion Magnus Carlsen in an online rapid chess tournament?
32. Name the legendary Indian singer, composer and music director who passed away recently?
Ans: Bappi Lahiri
33. Name the Maharatna company which has been awarded the ‘India’s Most Trusted Public Sector Company’ award at the “Energy Meet and Excellence Award” function organized by Industry Chamber “ASSOCHAM”?
Ans: Coal India Ltd
34. Name the legendary Bollywood singer, a Bharat Ratna recipient, who passed away at the age of 92 due to multi-organ failure?
Ans: Lata Mangeshkar
35. Name the noted Indian industrialist, a recipient of Padma Bhushan in 2001, who passed away recently?
Ans: Rahul Bajaj
CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS – February 2022
1. Who has become the new world no.1 Tennis Player after reaching the top spot in the ATP rankings on February 28, 2022?
Ans: Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
2. Who is the current President of Ukraine?
Ans: Volodymyr Zelensky
3. Which sports federation has suspended Vladimir Putin as Honorary President and Ambassador in the light of the ongoing war in Ukraine?
Ans: International Judo Federation
4. By which year National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will retire and decommission the International Space Station (ISS)?
5. How many countries are a part of the NATO Alliance?
6. Which is the first country in the world to authorize a plant-based COVID-19 vaccine?
7. Which country invaded Ukraine on February 24, 2022?
8. When did Ukraine declare independence from USSR?
Ans: 24 August 1991
9. Frank-Walter Steinmeier has been re-elected as the President of which country?
10. On which day International Mother Language Day is observed?
Ans: 21 February
11. Which country had first come up with the idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day? UNESCO approved this initiative in 1999 at the 30th UNESCO General Conference.
12. Which country has successfully tested its new naval air defence system called ‘C-Dome’?
13. Australia has listed which animal as ‘endangered’ species after their numbers saw a massive plunge due to the impact of bushfires?
14. Which country won the ICC Under-19 World Cup 2022?
15. On which day World Radio Day is observed every year?
Ans: 13 February
16. On which day World Cancer Day is observed?
Ans: 4 February