National and international CURRENT AFFAIRS and important events happened on July 2022
1. The Government of India has set up a Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar, a nationwide award to promote which activity in the country?
2. Youngsters above which age are now allowed by the Election Commission of India (ECI) to apply in advance for having their names enrolled in the voters list?
Ans: 17 years
3. What is the name of India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier that was delivered to the Indian Navy recently?
4. Which Indian State was the highest receiver of FDI Equity Inflow during FY 2021-22 with 37.55 percent inflow, followed by Maharashtra (26.26 percent) and Delhi (13.93 percent)?
5. Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare launched the 11th Agricultural Census (2021-22) on July 28, 2022. Agriculture Census is conducted in a gap of how many years?
Ans: 5 years
6. Who was India’s Flag bearers at the opening ceremony of Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022?
Ans: PV Sindhu and Manpreet Singh
7. The newly designated Ramsar site – Pala wetland is located in which state?
8. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has restricted which airlines operations to only 50 percent of flights for eight weeks?
9. On which day Kargil Vijay Diwas was observed?
Ans: 26 July
10. The Central Government has amended which part of the Flag Code of India 2002 to allow the Tricolour to be hoisted day and night if it is in the open and hoisted by a member of the public?
Ans: Part II
11. Name the Olympic gold medalist and star Indian javelin thrower who has pulled out of Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham due to an injury?
Ans: Neeraj Chopra
12. Who has become the first-ever Indian to win silver at World Athletics Championships? Ans: Neeraj Chopra
13. Who took oath as the 15th President of India on July 25, 2022?
Ans: Droupadi Murmu
14. Who is the first Indian President to be born in independent India?
Ans: Droupadi Murmu
15. Which film won the Best Feature Film award at the 68th National Film Awards?
Ans: Soorarai Pottru
16. Who won the 68th National Film Awards for the Best Actor category?
Ans: Ajay Devgan and Suriya
17. For which film, Ajay Devgan won the 68th National Film Awards Best Actor award?
Ans: Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
18. For which film, Suriya won the 68th National Film Awards Best Actor award?
Ans: Soorarai Pottru
19. Who won the 68th National Film Awards for the Best Actress category for the film – Soorarai Pottru?
Ans: Aparna Balamurali
20. Who won the Best Director award at the 68th National Film Awards?
Ans: Sachidanandan KR
21. Which State has topped Niti Aayog’s India Innovation Index 2022 among major States? Telangana has been placed second and Haryana third.
22. Which State has become the first in the country to connect all registered commercial vehicles equipped with Vehicle Location Tracking Device (VLTD) with Emergency Response Support System (ERSS)?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh
23. With which country, India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to reintroduce cheetahs in the country after nearly seven decades? Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh is likely to receive the first tranche of eight cheetahs by 15th August.
24. Name the veteran Indian shooter who created history on July 18, 2022 by winning India’s first-ever ISSF World Cup gold medal in the men’s skeet shooting final in Changwon, South Korea?
Ans: Mairaj Ahmed Khan
25. How much percent GST consumers will have to pay on pre-packed, labelled food items like atta, paneer and curd?
Ans: 5 per cent
26. Name the MD and CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) who has been appointed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as the next Chief of National Stock Exchange (NSE)?
Ans: Ashish Kumar Chauhan
27. Name the Navy’s Kilo-class submarine which was decommissioned from service at Visakhapatnam after 35 years in service?
Ans: INS Sindhudhvaj
28. Name the Governor of Manipur who has been given additional charge as the Governer of West Bengal following the resignation of Jagdeep Dhankhar who has been selected by the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) as its vice presidential candidate?
Ans: La Ganesan
29. Which Indian city has been declared the first Cultural and Tourism Capital of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) for the year 2022-23?
30. Who has become the third Indian cricket captain to win an ODI series in England?
Ans: Rohit Sharma
31. In a first, a new blood group has been found in India, which is also the rarest in the world. What is the name of this unique blood group?
Ans: EMM Negative
32. India’s first Monkeypox case has been reported in which State?
33. Which Indian State has been named on Times List of World’s Greatest Places 2022? The list includes the 50 most extraordinary and mesmerizing destinations across the world.
Ans: Kerala and Ahmedabad
34. In which State, PM Narendra Modi recently inaugurated Deoghar airport?
35. Name the veteran singer who has been arrested in a 19-year-old human trafficking case and sentenced to two years of imprisonment by a district court in Patiala?
Ans: Daler Mehndi
36. Name the Union Minister who has been retained as BJP’s leader in the Rajya Sabha?
Ans: Piyush Goyal
37. Name the cricketer who is now the fastest Indian bowler and joint-third fastest bowler in the world to take 150 ODI wickets along with Rashid Khan, after Australia’s Mitchell Starc and Pakistan’s Saqlain Mushtaq?
Ans: Mohammed Shami
38. Which Union Minister has been given the additional charge of the Ministry of Minority Affairs?
Ans: Smriti Irani
39. Who has resigned as Union Minister of Minority Affairs?
Ans: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
40. Name the athlete popularly known as Payyoli Express who recently took oath as Rajya Sabha MP?
Ans: PT Usha
41. Name the 21-year-old from Karnataka who was crowned Femina Miss India World 2022?
Ans: Sini Shetty
42. On which day death anniversary of Swami Vivekanand was observed?
Ans: 4 July
43. Who has become the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
Ans: Eknath Shinde
44. Which district of Madhya Pradesh, popularly known as the ‘Darwaza of Dakhin’, became the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ certified district in the country?
45. Name the renowned ghazal singer who died of a cardiac arrest at the age of 82?
Ans: Bhupinder Singh
46. Name the former chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) who passed away at the age of 82? He was fondly called “the father of Indian Internet”.
Ans: Brijendra Kumar Syngal
47. Name the Union Minister of Civil Aviation who has taken over additional charge as the Union Minister of Steel following the resignation of Shri Ramchandra Prasad Singh on completion of his Rajya Sabha term?
Ans: Jyotiraditya Scindia
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS
1. On which day International Tiger Day was observed?
Ans: 29 July
2. In which country, the Asia Cup 2022 will be conducted from August 27th to September 11, 2022?
3. On which day World Hepatitis Day was observed?
Ans: 28 July
4. Which country will host the ICC Women’s ODI Cricket World Cup 2025?
5. Which country is hosting the 44th Chess Olympiad from July 28 to August 10, 2022?
6. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
Ans: Dinesh Gunawardena
7. Which country has decided to quit the International Space Station after 2024?
8. Name the West Indies batsman who became the tenth batsman to score a century in his 100th ODI on July 24, 2022?
Ans: Shai Hope
9. On which day International Moon Day was observed?
Ans: 20 July
10. Which country has the most powerful passport in the world according to the Henley & Partners Passport Index of 2022?
11. Who has been elected as the new President of Sri Lanka on July 20, 2022?
Ans: Ranil Wickremesinghe
12. Which country will host the postponed 19th edition of Asian Games in 2023?
13. Which country in West Africa has officially confirmed two cases of the deadly Marburg virus?
14. Which English cricketer has announced his retirement from ODI Cricket?
Ans: Ben Stokes
15. Name the former West Indies captain and wicketkeeper-batsman who announced his retirement from international cricket on July 18, 2022?
Ans: Denesh Ramdin
16. On which day Nelson Mandela International Day was observed?
Ans: 18 July
17. Which city will host the World Athletics Championships 2025?
18. Who won his 7th Wimbledon title and 21st Grand Slam on July 10, 2022 with a four-set win over Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios?
Ans: Novak Djokovic
19. What is the name of the Supermoon that was visible on July 13, 2022?
Ans: Buck Moon
20. The European Union has given final approval to which country to join euro currency in 2023?
21. Name the tennis player from Kazakhastan who won the Wimbledon 2022 Women’s Singles by defeating Ons Jabeur by 3-6, 6-2, 6-2? She became the first Asian woman to win the Wimbledon title.
Ans: Elena Rybakina
22. On which day World Population Day was observed?
Ans: 11 July
23. According to a UN report, which country is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country next year?
24. Name the former Prime Minister of Japan who was shot dead at a campaign event on July 8, 2022?
Ans: Shinzo Abe
25. Who has become the first captain in the history of T20 cricket to record 13 successive T20I wins?
Ans: Rohit Sharma
26. Name the Prime Minister of United Kingdom (UK) who resigned recently?
Ans: Boris Johnson
27. Over which region scientists have discovered a large hole in ozone gas layer which is seven times larger than the one over Antarctica?
28. Name the Secretary General of the OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) who passed away at the age of 63?
Ans: Mohammed Barkindo
29. When was the Earth at Aphelion this year? Aphelion is the point in the orbit of a planet, asteroid, or comet at which it is furthest from the Sun.
Ans: 4 July
30. Who has been appointed as the 14th Prime Minister of Israel?
Ans: Yair Lapid