National and international CURRENT AFFAIRS and important events happened on May 2022
1. Name the popular playback singer of Bollywood who passed away on 31 May 2022?
Ans: KK (Krishnakumar Kunnath)
2. Name the novel by Geetanjali Shree which has become the first Hindi novel to win the prestigious 2022 International Booker Prize?
Ans: Tomb of Sand
3. Which franchise won the Tata IPL 2022 by defeating Rajasthan Royals by 7 wickets to win their debut IPL tournament?
Ans: Gujarat Titans
4. Who won the purple cap in Tata IPL 2022 after taking a total of 27 wickets in 17 matches?
Ans: Yuzvendra Chahal
5. Who won the orange cap in Tata IPL 2022 for scoring highest runs (863) in the tournament?
Ans: Jos Buttler
6. At which stadium in Ahmedabad the final of TATA IPL 2022 final was held?
Ans: Narendra Modi Stadium
7. At which place, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated India’s first ‘Lavendar festival’?
Ans: Bhaderwah in Jammu
8. Who has become Indian Army’s first woman combat pilot?
Ans: Abhilasha Barak
9. When will Shri Ramayana Yatra Train be launched?
Ans: 21 June
10. Which city is hosting India’s biggest Drone Festival – Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022?
Ans: New Delhi
11. What is the current rank of the Indian men’s hockey team in the FIH World Rankings 2022?
12. What is the current rank of the Indian women’s hockey team in the FIH World Hockey Rankings 2022?
13. Which State has won the World No Tobacco Day Award 2022?
14. The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) has imposed a life ban on which wrestler ? He thrashed referee Jagbir Singh during CWG trials inside the KD Jadhav Hall at the IGI stadium.
Ans: Satender Malik
15. Who has been appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi?
Ans: Vinai Kumar Saxena
16. Which international health organisation has honoured India’s one million ASHA workers for their outstanding contribution to advancing global health?
Ans: WHO .
17. India recorded the highest-ever annual FDI inflow of USD ____ billion in the Financial Year 2021-22
18. Which Indian State was the top recipient of FDI equity inflows in FY 2021-22 share of 38 percent followed by Maharashtra (26%) and Delhi (14%)?
19. Name the Kashmiri separatist leader and chief of the banned Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) who has been sentenced to life imprisonment in terror funding case by National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi?
Ans: Yasin Malik
20. Which Indian boxer won gold in the 52 kg category at the Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022?
Ans: Nikhat Zareen
21. How many medals India won at the Deaflympics 2021?
22. Name the RCB player who became the first uncapped player in history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to score a century in the playoffs on May 25, 2022?
Ans: Rajat Patidar
23. Which cricketer-turned-politician has been sentenced by the Supreme Court to one-year imprisonment in a three-decade-old road rage case in which a person had died?
Ans: Navjot Singh Sidhu
24. India has banned the export of which food grain in an effort to control the rising prises? Ans: Wheat.
25. What is the name of the third ship of Project 17A that was launched by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh?
Ans: INS Udaygiri
26. Name the guided missile destroyer which is the fourth and last ship of the Indian Navy’s 7,400-tonne Project 15B destroyers?
Ans: INS Surat
27. On which day National Dengue Day was observed in India?
Ans: 16 May
28. India’s men’s badminton team defeated which country to win the Thomas Cup title for the first time ever with a stunning 3-0 win in the final?
29. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Minister of Tripura?
Ans: Manik Saha
30. India has reduced the COVID Booster dose time gap to how many months for international travellers?
Ans: 3 months
31. Which Indian organization has developed the Swathi Weapon Locating Radars (WLRS) which the Indian Army is planning to acquire at a cost of Rs 950 crores?
32. Who took charge as the 25th Chief Election Commissioner of India?
Ans: Rajiv Kumar
33. On which day National Technology Day was observed in India?
Ans: 11 May
34. Name the legendary Santoor player who passed away on May 10, 2022, at the age of 84?
Ans: Pandit Shivkumar Sharma
35. In which Indian State, at least 82 children below the age of five years have been suffering from a rare kind of viral infection called ‘Tomato Flu’ or ‘Tomato Fever’?
36. Who has become the first Indian woman climber to scale five peaks above 8,000 metres?
Ans: Priyanka Mohite
37. India’s GST collections touched an all-time high of Rs ____ lakh crore in April 2022.
38. In which city, Union Minister for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Narayan Rane inaugurated the First Centre of Excellence for Khadi (CoEK) at the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)?
Ans: New Delhi
39. Name India’s discus throw player who has been provisionally suspended by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) after testing positive for a banned drug?
Ans: Kamalpreet Kaur
40. Which country hosted the India-Nordic Summit 2022?
41. In which State, Shirui Lily festival was organised from 25 to 28 May 2022?
42. Name the renowned Sanskrit Grammarian, linguist and a recipient of Padma Shri (2018) who passed away on 12 May 2022? He was popularly known as Vagish Shastri.
Ans: Bhagirath Prasad Tripathi
43. RBI hiked the policy repo rate by how much much basis points to 4.40 per cent in the month of May?
Ans: 40 basis points
44. Which team won the Santosh Trophy 2021-22 by defeating West Bengal in the final?
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS
1. On which day World No Tobacco Day was observed?
Ans: 31 May
2. Who has been sworn in as Australia’s 31st Prime Minister?
Ans: Anthony Albanese
3. Which country has decided to lower the amount of foreign currency that individuals can hold to $10,000 from $15,000 amid the country’s worst economic crisis?
Ans: Sri Lanka
4. Which country hosted Deaflympics 2021?
5. Who has become France’s first female prime minister in 30 years?
Ans: Élisabeth Borne
6. Taliban has signed a deal with which country to run the airports in Afghanistan?
7. Which country has won Thomas Cup maximum number of times?
8. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
Ans: Ranil Wickremesinghe
9. On which day World Turtle Day 2022 is observed?
Ans: 23 May
10. Which country hosted the Thomas and Uber Cup 2022?
11. Which country has become the first in the world to make 21-day quarantine compulsory for the Monkeypox patients?
12. What is the name of India’s first Venus Mission which is expected to be launched in 2024?
13. Which country blocked the move to fast-track Finland and Sweden’s bids to join North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)?
14. On which day World Bee Day was observed?
Ans: 20 May
15. Name the President of UAE who passed away at the age of 73 on May 13, 2022?
Ans: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
16. Which media organisation was awarded the Pulitzer Prize 2022 in the Public Service category?
Ans: Washington Post
17. On which date the first lunar eclipse of 2022 took place?
Ans: 15-16 May
18. Who has been appointed as the new captain of the West Indies ODI and T20I team?
Ans: Nicholas Pooran
19. Which country reported its first-ever case of COVID-19 on May 12, 2022?
Ans: North Korea
20. On which day International Nurses Day was observed?
Ans: 12 May
21. Who was sworn in as the new President of South Korea?
Ans: Yoon Suk Yeo
22. Name the former Australian cricket all-rounder who passed away on 14 May 2022 due to accident?
Ans: Andrew Symonds
23. Name the mountaineer from Nepal who has set a new record for ascending the Mt Everest maximum number of times by conquering it for the 26th time?
Ans: Kami Rita
24. Name the English player who has won the 2022 World Snooker Championships defeating Judd Trump in the final?
Ans: Ronnie O’Sullivan