1. Which institution will shift its advanced supervising monetary system to DAKSH from January 1, 2023, as part of its effort to streamline reporting, enhance efficiency, and automate the fraud management process?
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2. Which institution has been announced as the Secretariat for Science 20 (S20), the G20 summit’s science working group?
Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
3. Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy RK Singh announced on 28th December to set up a world class Kayaking-Canoeing Academy in Tehri. Tehri is located in which State?
4. The Ministry of Railways has developed a new scheme tomodernize over 1000 small stations over the coming year. What is the name of this scheme?
Amrit Bharat Station Scheme
5. In which city, Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur inaugurated the Sports Science Centre?
6. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Railway Board?
Anil Kumar Lahoti
7. Which Union Ministry has been approved as the nodal ministry for Ministry of matters relating to online gaming? Electronics and IT Which Union Ministry launched the ‘City Finance Rankings 2022’ to evaluate, recognize and reward ULBs on basis of their strength across key financial parameters?
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
8. Which Union Ministry launched the National Mobile Monitoring Systemb(NMMS) app to bring more transparency and ensuring proper monitoring of the schemes? Digital capturing of the attendance of workers employed under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGREGS) through NMMS has been made universal from January 1, 2023.
Ministry of RuralDevelopment
9. The 720 Megawatts Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Power Project, which was implemented with the assistance from India, was recently handed over to Druk Green Power Corporation (DGPC). The hydroelectric project is located in which country?
10. Name the Bollywood film producer who died on December 29, 2022? He was well-known for his films such as Bol Radha Bol, Laadla, Ready, and Bhoot.
11. Who has been appointed as the next Engineer-in-Chief of the Indian Army?
Lt. General Arvind Walia
12. Which State will host the Fifth Khelo India Youth Games from 31st January to 11th February 2023?
13. On which date, Veer Bal Diwas was celebrated to pay tribute to the courage of the four Sahibzadas of Guru Gobind Sahib Ji who attained martyrdom in the 17th century?
14. On which day, National Farmers Day, also known as Kisan Diwas was observed?
15. Which female wrestler has been nominated for the United World Wrestling Rising Star of the Year honour?
16. Which State/UT has recently granted Industry status to its tourism sector in order to attract investments and create jobs?
17. Which Union Ministry organizes the AI Pe Charcha (AI Dialogue) event to examine the significance and ways for allowing AI access to high-quality datasets?
Ministry ofbElectronics and IT
18. Who won the 68th National Film Awards for the Best Actress category for the film – Soorarai Pottru?
19. Who won the Best Director award at the 68th National Film Awards?
20. Which State has topped Niti Aayog’s India Innovation Index 2022 among major States? Telangana has been placed second and Haryana third.
21. Which State has become the first in the country to connect all registered commercial vehicles equipped with Vehicle Location Tracking Device (VLTD) with Emergency Response Support System (ERSS)?
22. With which country, India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to reintroduce cheetahs in the country after nearly seven decades?
23. Name the veteran Indian shooter who created history on July 18, 2022 by winning India’s first-ever ISSF World Cup gold medal in the men’s skeet shooting final in Changwon, South Korea?
Mairaj Ahmed Khan
24. How much percent GST consumers will have to pay on pre-packed, labelled food items like atta, paneer and curd?
5 per cent
25. Name the MD and CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) who has been appointed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as the next Chief of National Stock Exchange (NSE)?
Ashish Kumar Chauhan
26. Name the Navy’s Kilo-class submarine which was decommissioned from service at Visakhapatnam after 35 years in service?
27. Name the Governor of Manipur who has been given additional charge as the Governer of West Bengal following the resignation of Jagdeep Dhankhar who has been selected by the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) as its vice presidential candidate?
28. Which Indian city has been declared the first Cultural and Tourism Capital of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) for the year 2022-23?
29. Who has become the third Indian cricket captain to win an ODI series in England?
30. In a first, a new blood group has been found in India, which is also the rarest in the world. What is the name of this unique blood group?
31. India’s first Monkeypox case has been reported in which State? Kerala Which Indian State has been named on Times List of World’s Greatest Places 2022? The list includes the 50 most extraordinary and mesmerizing destinations across the world.
Kerala and Ahmedabad
32. In which State, PM Narendra Modi recently inaugurated Deoghar airport?
33. Name the veteran singer who has been arrested in a 19-year-old human trafficking case and sentenced to two years of imprisonment by a district court in Patiala?
34. Name the Union Minister who has been retained as BJP’s leader in the Rajya Sabha?
35. Name the cricketer who is now the fastest Indian bowler and joint-third fastest bowler in the world to take 150 ODI wickets along with Rashid Khan, after Australia’s Mitchell Starc and Pakistan’s Saqlain Mushtaq?
36. Which Union Minister has been given the additional charge of the Ministry of Minority Affairs?
37. Who has resigned as Union Minister of Minority Affairs?
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
38. Name the athlete popularly known as Payyoli Express who recently took oath as Rajya Sabha MP?
39. Name the 21-year-old from Karnataka who was crowned Femina Miss India World 2022?
40. On which day death anniversary of Swami Vivekanand was observed?
41. Who has become the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
42. Which district of Madhya Pradesh, popularly known as the ‘Darwaza of Dakhin’, became the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ certified district in the country?
43. Name the renowned ghazal singer who died of a cardiac arrest at the age of 82?
44. Name the former chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) Who passed away at the age of 82? He was fondly called “the father of Indian Internet”.
Brijendra Kumar Syngal
43. Name the Union Minister of Civil Aviation who has taken over additional charge as the Union Minister of Steel following the resignation of Shri Ramchandra Prasad Singh on completion of his Rajya Sabha term?
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS – December 2022
Who has been appointed as the prime minister of Israel?
2. Who has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Fiji?
3. Who has been elected as the Prime Minister of Nepal?
Pushpa Kamal Dahal “Prachand”
4. Which country has become the first in the world to manufacture fossil-free steel which is also known as green steel?
5. At which venue FIFA World Cup 2022 was held?
6. How many teams participated at the FIFA World Cup 2022? 32 Which team won the FIFA World Cup 2022 by defeating France in the final?
7. How many times Argentina has won the Football World Cup?
3 (1978, 1986 and 2022)
8. Who has been awarded the Golden Ball Award in FIFA World Cup 2022?
Lionel Messi (Argentina)
9. Who has been awarded the Golden Boot Award in FIFA World Cup 2022?
Kylian Mbappe (France)
10. Who has been awarded the Golden Glove Award in FIFA World
Emi Martinez (Argentina)
11. Who has been awarded the Young Player of the Tournament Award in FIFA World Cup 2022?
12. Leo Varadkar, an Indian-origin leader has been elected as the Prime Minister of which country?
13. On which day, International Migrants Day was observed?
14. On which day, UNICEF day was observed? 11 December Who topped the Forbes 2022 list of the world’s 100 most powerful women?
Ursula von der Leyen
15. Which word has won the Oxford Word of the Year for 2022? For the first time in history, Oxford Dictionaries allowed the public to vote on its 2022 word of the year.
16. Who has been titled the Person of the Year 2022 by Time Magazine?
17. What is the name of Peru’s first female president? Dina Boluarte On which day, World Computer Literacy Day was observed?
18. On which day, World AIDS Day was observed?
19. According to the New FIFA Ranking which football team is placed at the top?
20. Name the American born Swedish pole vaulter who has been named the 2022 World Athlete of the Year (Male)?
21. Name the American hurdler and sprinter who has been named the 2022 World Athlete of the Year (Female)?
22. At which place, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, organized an opening ceremony for the International Year of Millets – 2023 (IYM2023)?
23. Name the French author who passed away on 04 December 2022? He was well-known for books like Freedom at Midnight, City of Joy and The Fifth Horseman.