Here are some important question and answers about national and international current affairs events happed in the month of January 2022.
1. On which day, National Commission for Women Foundation Day is celebrated?
Ans : January 31
2. India’s first Chief of Defence Staff Bipin Rawat was posthumously honoured with which award?
Ans: Padma Vibhushan
3. Name the well-known cartoonist who passed away recently? He created Bengali comic strips – Handa Bhonda, Bantul the Great and Nonte Phonte.
Ans: Narayan Debnath
4. Which State has given a green signal for the creation of 13 new districts?
Ans : Andhra Pradesh
5. Prior to 2021, the last time the Republic Day celebrations didn’t have a chief guest was _____? There were also no chief guests at the Republic Day celebrations in 1952 and 1953.
6. On which day, National Voters Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the foundation day of the Election Commission of India?
Ans: January 25
7. On which day, National Tourism Day is observed to aware people of the growth prospects of the tourism sector and its impact on India’s economic development?
Ans: January 25
8. Who took charge as the new Chairman of the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC)?
Ans: Narendra Kumar Goenka
9. What is the name of the Lucknow IPL team?
Ans: Lucknow Super Giants
10. On which day, National Girl Child Day is observed to raise awareness to promote the rights, education, health, and nutrition of the girl child across the country?
Ans: January 24
11. Which tennis player has announced her retirement after the 2022 season?
Ans: Sania Mirza
12. Which north-eastern states celebrated statehood day on January 21?
Ans: Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya
13. On which day, the NDRF Raising Day is observed by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) every year?
Ans: January 19
14. Who stepped down as the Test Captain of the Indian cricket team?
Ans: Virat Kohli
15. On which day, Indian Army Day is observed every year?
Ans: January 15
16. With which country India has signed USD 375 million contract for the sale of BrahMos missile?
17. Andhra Pradesh government has increased the retirement age of government staff to how many years?
18. Which State observes the Gangasagar Mela 2022 at Sagar Island?
Ans: West Bengal
19. Name the veteran NDTV Journalist and a recipient of the Ramnath Goenka Award who passed away on January 14, 2022, at the age of 61 after suffering a heart attack?
Ans: Kamal Khan
20. On which day, National Youth Day (NYD) is held every year to observe the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda?
Ans: January 12
21. The Indian Government will own how much equity in Vodafone Idea after its board approved conversion of dues into equity?
22. Name the former Prime Minister of India whose death anniversary is observed every year on January 11?
Ans: Lal Bahadur Shastri
23. Name the rocket scientist who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) succedding Shri K Sivan? He was also appointed as the Space Secretary
Ans: S Somanath
24. Which company will replace Vivo as the title sponsor of IPL 2022?
Ans: Tata Group
25. At which place India’s first open rock museum was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Jitendra Singh?
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS – JANUARY 2022
1. What is another name for the Lunar New Year?
Ans: Chinese New Year
2. Who won the record-breaking 21st Grand Slam title on January 30, 2022 defeating world No. 2 Daniil Medvedev, 2- 6, 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-4, 7-5 in the final match?
Ans: Rafael Nadal
3. Who has become the first Australian woman to win Australian Open in 44 years since Christine O’Neil in 1978? She defeated world no. 27 Danielle Collins 6-3, 7-6(2) in the women’s singles final.
Ans: Ashleigh Barty
4. Part of which rocket launched in February 2015 is projected to crash into the dark side of the moon in five weeks?
5. Which country has decided to relocate its capital to Nusantara?
6. Which company is expected to unveil the world’s fastest artificial intelligence (AI) supercomputer by mid-2022?
Ans: Meta (Facebook)
7. On which day, International Day of Education is observed to mark the importance of education in ensuring peace and development?
Ans: January 24
8. Which city of Indonesia is the world’s fastest sinking city? This city has already sunk 2.5 metres in recent 10 years and would continue to sink by almost 25 centimetres every year in various parts
9. Name the New Zealand skipper who has been named as the captain of the ICC Test Team of the year 2021?
Ans: Kane Williamson
10. Who has been chosen as the new head of the European Parliament?
Ans: Roberta Metsola
11. Who has been crowned ‘The Best FIFA Men’s Player of Year 2021’, winning the award for the second year in succession?
Ans: Robert Lewandowski
12. Who won the Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper Award 2021?
Ans: Edouard Mendy
13. Which country has built an artificial moon on Earth that can make gravity disappear with the use of powerful magnets?
14. Which country is hosting the 14th edition of ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2022?
Ans: West Indies
15. Which British Royal Family member has been stripped of his royal patronages and military titles after a US court refused to dismiss a civil lawsuit pertaining to a case of sexual assault?
Ans: Prince Andrew
16. Which two countries have the most powerful passports in the world as per Henley Passport Index 2022?
Ans: Singapore and Japan
17. Which country has the weakest passport in the world as per Henley Passport Index 2022?
18. Who has been named as the new Chief Economist of International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
Ans: Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas
19. Who has become the leading run-scorer in all formats in women’s cricket?
Ans: Mithali Raj
20. Which country has found traces of coronavirus in dragon fruit?
21. Who has been named ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2021?
Ans: Smriti Mandhana (India)
22. Who won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year 2021?
Ans: Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan)
23. Name the England captain who has been named as the ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year 2021?
Ans: Joe Root
24. Who won the ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year 2021?
Ans: Babar Azam (Pakistan)
25. Who won the ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year 2021?
Ans: Lizelle Lee (South Africa)
26. On which day, World Braille Day is observed to commemorate the birthday of French educator Louis Braille?
Ans: January 4