1. On which day, National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated every year in India?
Ans: 31 October
2. Whose birth anniversary is observed as National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas?
Ans: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
3. At which place in Gujarat, C-295 transport aircraft for the Indian Air Force will be manufactured by Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) and Airbus Defence and Space?
4. What is the project cost of C-295 transport aircraft? Rs 22,000 crore Name the Indian players who won the French Open 2022 men’s doubles title?
Ans: Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy
5. Orbital Rail Corridor has been launched in which state of India?
6. Name the place in Gujarat where a rope bridge over Machchu river collapsed and lead to the death of over 150 persons?
7. Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor (HORC) is a new electrified Double Broad-gauge (BG) rail line of around 126 km. It will run between which two places?
Ans: Palwal to Sonipat
8. SAMRIDDHI, a one-time property tax amnesty scheme has been released by which state or UT?
9. On which day, Infantry Day is observed in India? 27 October Which state has been recently declared as 100% Har Ghar Jal State?
10. Name the tropical cyclone which arose in the Bay of Bengal and hit parts of India and Bangladesh on 25 Oct 2022?
Ans: Cyclone Sitrang
11. Minicoy Thundi Beach and Kadmat Beach have entered the coveted list of Blue beaches by receiving the Blue Flag Certification which is an international eco-label. These two beaches are situated in which State/UT?
12. What is the total number of beaches in India certified under the Blue Flag Certification?
13. Who has been named the Captain of the Indian Hockey Team for FIH Pro League 2022-2023?
Ans: Harmanpreet Singh
14. Who has become the first Indian Wrestler to win Gold Medal at U-23 World Wrestling Championships held in Spain?
Ans: Aman Sehrawat
15. ISROs’ heaviest rocket LVM3 M2 has placed how many satellites of UK-based OneWeb in orbit?
16. Who has been appointed as the new US Ambassador to India?
Ans: Elizabeth Jones
17. Which State has won the first position at Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban (PMAY-U) Awards 2021 followed by Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu at second and third place?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
18. Which city of Telangana won the overall ‘World Green City Award 2022’ and ‘Living Green for Economic Recovery and Inclusive Growth’ award at the International Association of Horticulture Producers (AIPH) World Green City Awards 2022 held in Jeju, South Korea?
19. Government of India has launched MBBS Course books in which language for the very first time?
20. Who has been appointed as the 50th Chief Justice of India succeeding Justice UU Lalit?
Ans: DY Chandrachud
21. Name the former cricketer who has been elected as the 36th President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
Ans: Roger Binny
22. Who has been elected as the President of the Indian National Congress?
Ans: Mallikarjun Kharge
23. At which place in Punjab, Asia’s Largest Compressed Biogas Plant (CBG) has been inaugurated?
24. The Fifth Khelo India Youth Games -2022 will be held in which Indian State?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
25. Which State has launched a website to publicly display the names of polluting industrial units in the State?
26. On which day, Police Commemoration Day is observed every year?
Ans: 21 October
27. Who has been named as the new Defence Secretary by the Government of India?
Ans: Giridhar Aramane
28. Who has been appointed as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA)?
Ans: Bharati Das
29. What is the name of the Integrated Pensioners Portal launched for Central Government pensioners?
30. Who has become the first Indian woman hurdler to break 13 seconds barrier?
Ans: Jyothi Yarraji
31. Women’s Indian Premier League (IPL) is set to take place in which year? The women’s Indian Premier League is set to start as a five-team tournament.
Ans: March 2023
32. What is India’s rank out of 121 countries in the Global Hunger Index 2022?
33. Which village has been declared as India’s first 24×7 solarpowered village?
34. Who has become the first Indian woman cricketer to win ICC Player of the Month?
Ans: Harmanpreet Kaur
35. What is the name of the website launched to enable citizens to contribute for the armed forces battle casualties welfare fund? The initiative will enable citizens to contribute to the
Armed Forces Battle Casualties Welfare Fund (AFBCWF)?
Ans: Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot
36. At which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), President of India, Droupadi Murmu has inaugurated a supercomputer facility – Param Kamrupa?
37. Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple is located in which city of Madhya Pradesh?
38. Name the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and also a former Defence Minister of India who passed away on October 10, 2022 at the age of 82?
Ans: Mulayam Singh Yadav
39. Made-in-India drone ‘Droni’ has been manufactured by which
company? Former Indian Cricket team Captain Mahendra
Singh Dhoni is the brand ambassador of this company.
Ans: Garuda Aerospace
40. Name the Bollywood actor who has been made the National Icon of Election Commission of India for creating awareness amongst voters?
Ans: Pankaj Tripathi
41. What was the theme of Vigilance Awareness Week observed from 31 October 22 to 06 November 2022?
Ans: Corruption free India for a Developed Nation
42. What is the name of new tiger reserve approved by Madhya Pradesh Wildlife Board? It will host tigers of Panna Tiger Reserve (PTR).
Ans: Durgavati Tiger Reserve
43. Name the indigenously-developed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) which was inducted into the Indian Air Force?
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS AND EVENTS – OCTOBER 2022
1. Who emerged as the President of Brazil for the third time after defeating the incumbent President Jair Bolsonaro?
Ans: Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
2. Which country won the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 after defeating Colombia by 1-0?
3. As per the World Energy Outlook 2022 report released by the International Energy Agency (IEA), Global emissions will peak by which year?
4. Which social media platform has been purchased by Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk for $44 billion?
5. Name the Conservative Party leader who has become the first Indian-origin Prime Minister of UK?
Ans: Rishi Sunak
6. Name the Sri Lankan author who won the Booker prize for “The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida”?
Ans: Shehan Karunatilaka
7. The Storm Coaster, which has been declared as the World’s fastest vertical-launch roller coaster by the Guinness World Records, is situated in which city?
8. Which city in the United States has announced Public School Holiday on Diwali from 2023?
Ans: New York City
9. On which day, World Statistics Day was observed?
Ans: 20 October
10. Which two countries were re-elected as the President and Co- President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) for a term of two years?
Ans: India and France
11. Name the Real Madrid Football Star who won the Men’s Ballon d’Or Award 2022 for the first time?
Ans: Karim Benzema
12. On which day, International Day for the Eradication of Poverty was observed?
Ans: 17 October
13. For which contribution Nobel Prize 2022 in Economics has been awarded to Ben S. Bernanke, Douglas W. Diamond, and Philip H. Dybvig?
Ans: Research on Banks and Financial Crises
14. Who has been elected as the new President of Iraq? Abdul Latif Rashid Who has been elected as the Prime Minister of Sweden?
Ans: Ulf Kristersson
15. On which day, World Arthritis Day was observed to raise awareness of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases?
Ans: 12 October
16. Name the Assistant Professor at the University of California, Berkeley, USA who will awarded SASTRA Ramanujan Prize 2022?
Ans: Yunqing Tang
17. On which day, International Day of the Girl Child 2022 was observed?
Ans: 11 October
18. Name the French author who has won Nobel Prize 2022 in Literature for the courage and clinical acuity with which she uncovers the roots, estrangements and collective restraints of personal memory?
Ans: Annie Ernaux
19. On which day, World Mental Health Day was observed? 10 October Carolyn Bertozzi, Morten Meldel, and K.Barry Sharpless have jointly won Nobel Prize 2022 in which category?
20. On which day, World Cotton Day was observed?
Ans: 7 October
21. Who won the Nobel Prize 2022 in Physiology or Medicine for his achievements in concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution?
Ans: Svante Paabo
22. Which country has emerged as the largest producer of sugar in the world?
23. On which day, World Animal Day was observed? 4 October Name the former Chancellor of Germany who has been awarded the UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award 2022?
Ans: Angela Merkel
24. For which contribution, Ben S. Bernanke, Douglas W. Diamond and Philip H. Dybvig was awaraded Nobel Prize 2022 in Economic Sciences?
Ans: For research on banks and financial crises
25.Which country has become the first in the Pacific to host World Hindi Conference?
26. Who has become the first Native American woman to travel to space?
Ans: Nicole Mann